A teenage boy murders his father

A teenage boy murders his father

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Fifteen-year-old Eric Witte shoots his father, 43-year-old volunteer firefighter Paul Witte, in the family’s Indiana home. Although Eric admitted to shooting his father, he claimed that the gun had accidentally gone off when he tripped on a rug. The bullet hit his father, who was lying on a couch across the room, in the head. The shooting was ruled an accident, and Eric was released.

Three years later, Eric’s grandmother, Elaine Witte, 74, was killed with a crossbow. A few months after the murder, the entire family was arrested in California for forging Elaine’s signature on her Social Security checks. In the subsequent trial, the bizarre story behind the murders came to light.

Eric’s mother, Hilma Marie Witte, had tried to kill her husband, Paul, by lacing his food with rat poison and Valium. When this proved unsuccessful, she convinced her son to shoot his father by telling him that Paul was going to divorce her and that they would end up living in the streets. She later persuaded John “Butch” Witte, Eric’s younger brother, to kill his grandmother by convincing him that Elaine planned to kick them out of the house. John, who witnessed his father’s murder at the age of 11, was 14 when he killed Elaine Witte. At the trial, John stated, “My mom said I could strangle her or use my crossbow. It was up to me.”

A few hours after killing his grandmother, John went to court with his mother to inquire about receiving disability benefits from his father’s death. When they returned home that night, they began cutting up Elaine’s body with a knife and a chainsaw. Marie and her two boys then scattered the dismembered body throughout California.

John and Eric were given 20- and five-year sentences, respectively, and were released in 1996. Hilma Marie Witte received a 90-year sentence.

Detectives Believed Teen Ran Away From Home — Until His Body Was Discovered In The Kitchen Floor

Christopher Denoyer's family received a telegram from "Chris" saying he had run away to live in Los Angeles — but the teen boy was in the house the whole time.

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!

What happened to 'affluenza' teen Ethan Couch? A history of a family breaking the law

Ethan Couch goes free after serving two years for probation violation.

Ethan Couch, the Texas defendant who used the "affluenza" defense to get off on charges that he killed four people while drunk driving in 2013, was in legal trouble again earlier this year.

But his entire family has a history of breaking the law. The Couches' legal woes date back to at least the late 1980s, records show.

Long before Ethan Couch and his family became notorious for using the “affluenza” defense, they had multiple run-ins with the law, often flouting authority or relying on personal wealth to get out of trouble. The incidents, totaling at least 20, ranged from speeding tickets and financial disputes to reckless driving and assault, a review of police and court records shows.


In January, Ethan was released from a Texas jail after prosecutors raised questions about a drug test that triggered an alleged probation violation.

He was arrested last month after probation officers reported that a drug monitoring patch he wears returned a “weak positive” result for THC, the psychoactive substance found in marijuana, District Attorney Sharen Wilson said in a statement. But it is possible the patch was set off by legal CBD oil and it will take further testing to be sure, she said.

Ethan, now 22, was sentenced to 10 years of probation after a 2013 manslaughter trial in which a psychologist testified that Couch, who was 16 at the time of the crash, was affected by “affluenza,” or irresponsibility caused by family wealth.

His parents sent him to a treatment facility in California at one point.

The center’s director, Jamison Monroe Jr., told The AP that Couch “had no structure, no proper role models and definitely no boundaries” when he was growing up.

In 2012, a Fort Worth police officer drove by a Dollar General store in Lakeside, a small town on the outskirts of Fort Worth, and saw a black pickup truck parked with its lights on.

Spakes, the officer, found an intoxicated Ethan Couch with a girl. According to court records, Couch told Spakes that he’d stopped to urinate and had only one drink, maybe two. Spakes described him as “very arrogant, a smart-mouthed kid that had a bit of an attitude with authority,” records show.

“I verbally got onto him trying to get him to see how badly he was messing up,” Spakes wrote in a report. “He has a hard time listening and has come from a family with wealth, and he appears to believe he’s privileged and entitled with no responsibility.”

Couch eventually acknowledged his behavior was wrong, Spakes wrote. Yet when a second officer, Lee Risdon of the Lakeside police, handed Couch his citations, the teen replied, “'Thanks for ruining my life' [. ] as though it was the fault of the police,” according to the report.

A month later, a municipal judge gave Couch six months’ probation for possessing and consuming alcohol as a minor. The judge also ordered him to complete an alcohol-awareness course and 12 hours of alcohol-related community service by June 19.

Records indicate Couch did not comply and, four days before the deadline, organized a party at the family’s second home outside the Fort Worth suburb of Burleson.

That party would lead to death.

On June 15, 2013, Couch lost control of his family’s pickup truck after he and his friends had played beer pong and drank beer stolen from a Walmart. He veered into a crowd of people helping the driver of a disabled vehicle on the side of the road.

The crash fatally injured the stranded motorist, a youth minister who stopped to help her, and a mother and daughter who came out of their nearby home to also help.

The victims were Hollie Boyles, 52 Shelby Boyles, 21 Brian Jennings, 41, and Breanne Mitchell, 24.

Couch, 16 at the time of the crash, was found to have a blood alcohol level three times the legal limit for adult drivers after the crash.

Investigators estimated his speed was around 70 mph in a 40 mph zone.

A psychologist who evaluated Couch in 2013 introduced the “affluenza” term at trial in reference to Couch being coddled by his wealthy parents. He testified that Couch learned nothing from his first incidents, court records show. The teen didn’t think he had done anything serious, Dr. G. Dick Miller said, and his mother lied to his father about it.

Couch also kept abusing substances, Miller testified. “I think he thought, ‘I can get away with this.’. That was what he was taught.”

Miller recommended that Couch be separated from his parents, whom he said had “taught him a system that’s 180 degrees from rational. If you hurt someone, say you’re sorry. In that family, if you hurt someone, send some money.”

Ethan was later jailed after attending a party where alcohol was served and then fleeing to Mexico with his mother to avoid punishment. He was released in 2018 after serving a nearly two-year sentence.

Tonya Couch’s encounters with the law include a 2003 reckless driving case in which court records say she intentionally forced a motorist off the road. She pleaded guilty, was fined and got probation, records show.

In early 2005, she lied about that charge on a form to renew her state nursing license. Regulators found out years later and took action. She failed to show for a 2012 disciplinary hearing and lost the vocational nursing license.

Tonya Couch is currently awaiting trial on charges of hindering apprehension of a felon and money laundering arising from when she and Ethan fled to Mexico in 2015.

She has been in and out of jail since then.

In early 2015, Tonya Couch was cited after leaving the scene of a minor accident that she caused. Prosecutors later dismissed the case, according to court records.

Fred Couch’s roofing and construction company, Cleburne Sheet Metal, was sued in 1996 over a roughly $100,000 debt. Two plaintiff firms alleged he tried to move assets and twice attempted to question him and Tonya Couch, court records show. The couple failed to show up for both depositions. A judge sanctioned them and gave them a deadline to pay, which they missed by several weeks.

Three years later, Fred Couch punched a supervisor of a contractor that hired his company after the man told his workers to stop using an unsafe table saw, according to an arrest report. Couch drove off he later received a few days in jail and two years’ probation for the assault.

And in 2009, Fred Couch faced accusations that he sexually harassed a female employee, then fired her when she complained. Court records show he denied touching her inappropriately and showing her sex videos, among other things. The case settled on undisclosed terms a year later.

Fred Couch was charged in September 2014 with falsely identifying himself as a Lakeside police officer. According to a report, told a North Richland Hills, Texas, officer responding to a disturbance that he’d witnessed: “I have my Lakeside police stuff in the truck." He then displayed a shield-style badge.

He was sentenced in December 2016 to a year’s probation.

Last September, the father was charged with assault stemming from an incident in which he allegedly choked his girlfriend, according to Texas prosecutors.

Brother Of Murdered Teen Tells Court About Photo Showing Dad Eating Feces

DENVER (AP) — The older brother of a 13-year-old boy who disappeared in Colorado in 2012 confronted his father about photos of him eating feces from a diaper months before his younger sibling went missing, the boy’s brother testified Thursday.

The father, Mark Redwine, is being tried in the killing of his son, Dylan Redwine. The boy disappeared in the Vallecito area near Durango during a court-ordered visit during his Thanksgiving break, authorities said. Mark Redwine told investigators he left his son alone at home to run errands and returned to find him missing, The Denver Post reported.

Prosecutors argued this week that Mark Redwine killed his son over photographs that triggered a fatal outrage. The photos, accidentally discovered by the two boys on their father’s computer during a road trip in 2011, depict Mark Redwine wearing women’s underwear and a diaper, and eating feces from a diaper.

While their father slept, the siblings looked at the photos in a locked bathroom and Cory took his own photos to save on his phone.

During cross-examination, Cory Redwine said he sent copies of the compromising photos to his father in August 2012, while Dylan and Mark Redwine were alone on a trip together. Dylan knew about the photos and was not harmed on that trip, despite the texting confrontation between Cory and Mark Redwine.

Cory called his father an “(expletive)-eating coward” and said “you are what you eat,” according to text messages revealed Thursday in court.

In response, Mark Redwine texted back “not to hurt Dylan,” public defender John Moran said. The father also called Cory a thief for taking the photos and said he was “trying to hurt him” just like his mother, who was in a contentious custody battle with him at the time.

On Wednesday, Cory had testified that the accidental discovery of photos ruined Dylan’s relationship and image of his father.

“Dylan lost any reason for him to look up to Mark that day,” Cory Redwine said.

On Monday, Fred Johnson, special deputy district attorney, suggested that on the night he was killed, Dylan Redwine may have mentioned or shown his father the photographs, triggering his father to become violent.

Defense attorneys for Mark Redwine said the photos have no connection to Dylan Redwine’s death and suggested the the boy ran away from home. His remains were found a few miles from his father’s house in 2013.

Cory Redwine told the court his younger brother was “pretty disgusted” and said he wanted to use the photos as leverage in an argument with his dad a year later.

“Hey send me those poop pics of Papa because he gave me a speech about you guys being a bad example and I want to show him who he really is,” said Dylan Redwine in a text to his older brother in August 2012, according to court documents.

Cory Redwine said he did not send the pictures and it was unclear from his testimony if his brother had confronted his father regarding the photos.

The brothers’ mother, Elaine Hall, testified Wednesday that she sent Dylan Redwine to his father’s house on Nov. 18, 2012, learned he was missing the next day and immediately drove six hours to La Plata County to search for her son. Hall said during cross-examination that she had no knowledge of her son confronting his father about the photos.

She almost immediately suspected her ex-husband wasn’t telling the full truth about their son’s disappearance, text messages show. Two hours after learning Dylan was missing at 6:35 p.m., Hall texted Mark Redwine.

“He wouldn’t just leave,” she wrote. “He would have called me. I am so suspect of you right now. How could he just disappear?”

Public defender Justin Bogan questioned Hall about her suspicions of Mark Redwine, suggesting that her perspective was tainted by their contentious divorce and custody battle.

Hall had appeared on the “Dr. Phil” television show in 2013 and made her suspicions about the father public. Bogan also suggested that Hall turned public opinion against her ex-husband and influenced the direction of the police investigation.

But Hall defended her actions, saying she spoke with media and attended a protest at Mark Redwine’s house in an effort to bring Dylan home.

“I was frantic,” she said. “It was so surreal. You don’t expect anything like this to happen to you. I figured he was safe because he was with his dad, and I was devastated that no one knew where my son was.”

Mark Redwine, who has pleaded not guilty, was arrested after a grand jury indicted him in July 2017.

He was accused of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. He faces up to 48 years in prison if found guilty.

Calling all HuffPost superfans!

Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter


Little Jasmine Richardson of the Canadian burg of Medicine Hat, Alberta was only 12 years old when she fell in love with a 23-year-old man named Jeremy Steinke, who allegedly claimed to be a 300-year-old werewolf who loved the taste of blood. Naturally, Jasmine’s family did not approve, so naturally Jeremy and some friends watched the film Natural Born Killers, in which a pair of gun-toting, lovestruck goofballs murder the girl’s parents. Hours later on that evening in April 2006, Jeremy and Jasmine would leave her parents and her little brother Jacob dead from stabbing and slashing. Her father had been so severely gutted, there was almost no blood left in his body when police found him.

Both Jeremy and Jasmine were found guilty of three counts of murder. Jasmine is thought to be the youngest person ever convicted of murder in Canada. Due to her age at the time of the murders, she received a maximum 10-year sentence, of which she served only four years before her release. Jeremy will be in prison for the rest of his life—which, since he’s a werewolf, could be forever.

Teen Stabs Father to Death, Posts Footage on Social Media: Police

A teenager has been arrested in northwest France after he allegedly stabbed his father to death and broadcasted the killing on social media.

The incident occurred on Saturday in the small town of Ploeren, when the 17-year-old boy visited his father, 46, at the family house, where he had been living alone for several weeks.

The teenager, who visited the house after getting drunk at a party nearby, allegedly went into the kitchen and picked up two knives, before waking up his father and stabbing him several times.

He then called the police at around 11:30 p.m. and told them that he had "deliberately killed his father with several stab wounds," according to a statement obtained by AFP on Monday from François Touron, the Vannes public prosecutor.

An autopsy performed over the weekend confirmed that the 46-year old died "as a result of massive bleeding following multiple injuries from sharp weapons," the prosecutor said.

Touron said that as soon as the boy killed his father, the teenager broadcasted a "video of the crime scene on social networks to 40 recipients."

The police are currently working on taking the video down from social network sites, while a support group has been set up for the recipients of the videos and their parents.

The teenager said that he killed him "to put an end to the aggressive and violent behavior of his father against the background of alcoholic problems and the suffering that this behavior caused his family," according to Touron.

The boy's mother filed a criminal complaint against the father last month after an alleged domestic violence incident. The rest of the family moved out of the residence following the incident, while the gendarmerie, the French military police, opened an investigation against him on May 12.

The teenager was charged by a magistrate in nearby Lorient on Monday for "intentional homicide on a legitimate or natural ascendant" and "dissemination of images relating to the commission of an offense of willful attack on the integrity of the nobody," according to prosecutor Stéphane Kellenberger, who spoke to AFP.

Kellenberger said that the teenager will remain in custody. The case was handed over to the Lorient authorities by local police.

Newsweek has contacted the Vannes public prosecutor's office and the Lorient authorities for comment.


A 16-year-old boy was found guilty tonight of voluntary manslaughter in the shotgun slaying of his father, who he said had abused him for years.

The Laramie County District Court jury, however, acquitted the youth, Richard J. Jahnke, of a charge of conspiracy to commit firstdegree murder.

The defense lawyer, James Barrett, said that while he was disappointed that the boy was not acquitted on the manslaughter charge, which could bring a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, it still was much better than the other two options offered jurors, which were of conviction of either first- or second-degree murder.

Judge Paul Liamos said he had asked for a pre-sentencing report and would probably announce his sentence March 14. Richard Jahnke showed little emotion when the verdict was read. His mother, Maria, burst into tears after hugging the boy as he left the courtroom with sheriff's deputies.

On Friday, speaking mostly in whispers but sometimes in shouts, the boy, Richard J. Jahnke, had testified about a lifetime of abuse. He told about the night of the shooting: ''I was thinking of all that had happened to me. I said no, he is never going to touch any of us again. At the last second, I blew the whistle and opened fire.'' He said he blew a whistle to give himself courage.

''It hurt me so much, almost as if I was getting shot along with him,'' he said. The boy's father, Richard C. Jahnke, 38, an enforcement agent for the Internal Revenue Service, was killed Nov. 16 in front of his garage as he and his wife returned from a dinner celebrating the 20th anniversary of their first meeting. Sister Awaiting Trial

Richard's sister, Deborah, 17, will be tried March 7 on a charge of conspiracy in the slaying. In the prosecution's final arguments today, assistant District Attorney Jon Forwood called the defense's contention that the shooting was self-defense a ''sham'' and derided the assertion that the boy had no alternative to killing his father.

Mr. Forwood called the slaying an ambush so well plotted and planned ''that it could not have been done better by a West Point graduate.''

The boy's lawyer, Mr. Barrett, in his final argument today, told the jurors that 'ɿor 14 years, this man murdered his son inch by inch.'' He continued: ''That's the crime, the slow, day-by-day, weekby-week torture. There is the premeditation.'' Early Beatings Recalled

Friday in his the last day of testimony, young Jahnke recalled: ''When I was a little kid he always used to beat on me. He called me sissy, baby.''

He also said his father frequently found excuses to go into the bathroom while his sister was taking a shower and that at other times he had seen his father fondling her.

They went to the sheriff's department on May 2 to complain about his father's treatment of his sister and him. A social worker made a brief inquiry, talked with the family and called back months later. Testimony by the Mother

Richard's mother testified Thursday for the defense that when the boy was 2 years old her husband first began striking him on the back and sometimes on the head. She also testified that as the boy grew older her husband used his fists on him more often.

Describing what he said was a typical episode, the defendant said his father once became upset with his cleaning of the basement. He testified that his father swore at him, ''slapped me, dragged me by the hair and pushed me.'' He said his father ''started hitting me, pushed me to the floor.''

''I thought about killing him ever since I was a little kid,'' the boy said, 'ɻut I always chickened out.'' On the afternoon of the killing, the boy testified, his mother became angry with him because he told her he needed to go to Central High School that night to help with some activity. Says He Was Threatened

Richard said that when his father came home from work, his mother said she had been having trouble with Richard and his father then struck him and and swore at him. The boy testified that his father told him, ''You better not be here when I come home'' from the restaurant.

The prosecution says Richard took a shotgun and waited in the garage for his father while his sister waited inside the house with a .30-caliber carbine in case he failed to kill his father.

The defendant said Deborah had no part in the death plot, but said that after she understood what he was doing, ''She asked me to kill Mom.'' He did not elaborate.

The prosecutor says the boy fired the shotgun six times, striking his father four times, the fatal shot striking him in the right chest and severing his aorta. The cartridges were loaded with slugs such as those used to kill deer at close range, not with bird shot.

Most Read

The boy’s remains were finally discovered in June 2013.

Mark Redwine has pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

His public defender John Moran told jurors Monday that Dylan clearly didn’t want to make the trip to Durango and may have been attacked by a wild animal while avoiding his dad’s home.

Moran argued Dylan had previously confronted his dad about the “private” photographs, so the topic wasn’t as incendiary as prosecutors claim.


Alec Kreider Edit

Alec Devon Kreider was born on February 4, 1991, to Timothy Scot Kreider and Angela Parsons Kreider. Kreider lived with his mother and was a sophomore student at Manheim Township High School.

Haines family Edit

Thomas Alan Haines (age 50), an industrial-supplies salesman who worked in Lancaster, Lisa Ann Haines (née Brown, age 47), a preschool teacher at Lancaster Brethren Preschool, their daughter Maggie (age 20), a student at Bucknell University, and their son Kevin (age 16), a high school sophomore, lived in Manheim Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Kevin Haines was also a sophomore student at Manheim Township High School, where he was classmates with Kreider in German class, and according to a fellow student the two were "close buddies". Alec attended the family's memorial service on May 19, 2007. [2]

On morning of May 12, 2007, Maggie Haines, who was awakened by a noise in the middle of the night and "smelled blood", ran from the home and across the street to a neighbor who called 911 for help. [3] [4]

Alec Kreider (then age 16) had entered the Haines' home without force, stabbing Thomas and Lisa in their sleep, killing Thomas and severely wounding Lisa. Alec then went to Kevin's room and, after a struggle, stabbed him to death before returning to slit Lisa's throat, killing her, then escaping before the police could arrive. Communication between the Haines' neighbor, the call-taker at 911, and the dispatcher caused extreme unnecessary delay in police response to the "unknown disturbance". The official timeline notes that it took the first responding officer nearly twelve minutes to arrive from a distance of four miles in the middle of the night with no traffic barriers. Police say this delay had no bearing on the survival of the victims. The parents were found dead in their bedroom and Kevin was found at the opposite end of the upstairs hallway on the floor outside his bedroom. According to police reports, bloody shoe prints led away from Kevin's body and into the parents' bedroom, and from there to the common upstairs bathroom, where a shoe print was found on the linoleum in front of the sink. Police presume the murderer attempted to clean up at the sink as blood was also found there. Bloody shoe prints appeared on lower carpeted steps as the perpetrator exited the house. Blood transfer was also found on the rear sliding glass door. Maggie Haines was not killed because Alec did not know that she was home from college at the time of the murders.

The law enforcement investigation began around 2:40 a.m. on May 12, 2007. The victims were declared dead shortly after 5 a.m. by deputy county coroners, and autopsies were performed two days later. The day after the murders, bloodhounds tracked "a strong scent of fear" along a path that led down the hill to PA Route 501 and north to an ice cream/fast food restaurant, where the trail vanished. Police presumed the perpetrator had a vehicle waiting and used it to escape. Upon Kreider's arrest, all information associated with the bloodhounds was dismissed, as it did not match law enforcement's new theory. The police explanation was simple: "the dogs made a mistake".

After a month of intense national and regional media coverage and speculation, including tracking by bloodhounds and an intensive search by Pennsylvania State Police cadets, Kreider was arrested on June 16, 2007. Kreider's father, Timothy Scot Kreider, informed authorities that his son had confessed to the killings two days earlier. [5] Kreider pled guilty to three counts of first degree murder and was sentenced to three consecutive life sentences without parole on June 17, 2008. His age at the time of the crime prevented him from being sentenced to death due to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Roper v. Simmons (2005). [2] Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas Judge David Ashworth denied Kreider's post-sentence challenge to his consecutive sentences, and the Pennsylvania Superior Court affirmed Ashworth's denial. On December 8, 2009, Kreider filed a petition under Pennsylvania's Post-Conviction Collateral Relief Act, which Judge Ashworth denied on June 15, 2010. An appeal to Pennsylvania Superior Court was later discontinued by Kreider.

Kreider's motive for the killings was unclear, although according to an entry investigators found in his journal, he claims to have "despised happy people". [6] A financial reward offered on behalf of the Haines family remained unclaimed.

On January 20, 2017 (15 days shy of his 26th birthday), Kreider committed suicide by passive hanging in his prison cell at SCI Camp Hill in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. [1]

At the time of his death, Kreider was among a group of Lancaster County juvenile offenders eligible for a resentencing hearing in view of the United States Supreme Court's 2012 decision in Miller v. Alabama that mandatory sentences of life in prison without the possibility of parole are unconstitutional for juvenile offenders, and the 2016 decision in Montgomery v. Louisiana that made Miller apply retroactively. The county had delayed scheduling these hearings, pending a Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling in Commonwealth v. Batts.

The murder of the Haines family was the subject of the Season 3 premiere of Investigation Discovery's Unusual Suspects the network revisited the case in a 2014 episode of its Nightmare Next Door series and again in 2019 in an episode of its Evil Lives Here series. Author Michael W. Cuneo also wrote about the case in his true crime book A Need to Kill: Confessions of a Teen Killer. Alec Kreider's father, Tim Kreider, also wrote a book, Refuse to Drown, concerning his son's involvement in the killings and the emotional turmoil the Kreider family went through in the aftermath. The story was also covered in the A&E series Killer Kids in 2014.

Name Name, New Beginning for Jovan Collier

During his time at Ethan Allen, Peter made a connection with a 19-year-old counseling volunteer who said he started opening up to her about his nightmares.

"[Nightmares] about the killings -- he said he'd have nightmares every single night and wake up screaming and crying," said the volunteer, Belinda. "He said he was abused."

After Peter was released and became Jovan Collier, his relationship with Belinda grew to something more.

"I was really comfortable with him he was really comfortable with me," she said. "And he was charming. . I was like his princess."

Belinda was not discouraged by his dark past.

"I didn't think about it that much," she said. "I mean, I concentrated on who he was now. I believe in second chances."

Shortly after the couple started a life together, they had a daughter -- Nicole -- who grew up oblivious to the crimes of her father.

"It's not something that I ever was prepared for," she told "20/20." "When I found out about his past, I wasn't sure at all how to feel. I wasn't sure if I should be mad at him or scared of him. I had no idea how I should be with him."

Up until the summer of 2008, Collier's birth mother was equally oblivious to her son's past. But her family soon grew suspicious enough to hire a private investigator, Robin Martinelli, to dig into his history.

"There was just something different about him," Martinelli said, "that the birth mother's husband thought there needed to be some background checked out."

When Martinelli learned the truth, Collier's birth mother abandoned him again.

'I Was Living a Nightmare'

Unaware of his past, Candy continued to date Collier. That relationship eventually collapsed in 2009, when Candy found Collier's profile on a racy dating site.

"I made him move out," she said. "He moved out. I called it off."

That end was only the beginning of her own personal hell.

"It was a nightmare," she said. "I was living a nightmare."

As soon as Candy moved Collier out of her home, he inundated her e-mail inbox. The e-mails numbered in the hundreds.

At first, the mass of e-mails was composed of loving, if obsessive, statements: "You are the love of my life and I have been so happy to have found you," he wrote. "Please see how this is really a big misunderstanding."

In a statement to "20/20," Collier claimed it was harmless.

"It's that 'Boy finds love, boy loses love, boy goes on a bender down depression' road," he said.

Father Shoots Dead Teen He Found in Daughter's Bedroom, Police Say

A man is alleged to have shot and killed a 17-year-old boy he reportedly found in his daughter's bedroom, police say.

John Moore, 56, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder on Monday.

Just days earlier on May 6, officers were called to 1736 Edward Avenue in North Memphis, where they found an unresponsive male suffering from a gunshot wound, the Memphis Police Department said in a statement.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene and later identified as a Raleigh Egypt High School student, according to Memphis Local 24.

Moore allegedly shot the teenager after he found him inside his daughter's bedroom in the family home on Edward Avenue, according to a court affidavit as reported by WMC Action News.

Investigators say a fight broke out between Moore and the victim who was shot as he was leaving the scene.

The teenager's body was found in front of a home just a few houses away with several gunshot wounds early on the morning of May 6, WREG reported.

The victim's sister reportedly contacted police that day, telling investigators she hadn't been able to find her brother since dropping him off at a home on Edward Avenue the afternoon before.

A woman also told detectives her fiancé, Moore, had discovered the teen in his daughter's bedroom, according to an affidavit as seen by the outlet. The woman said she heard gunshots and claimed Moore told her he shot at the boy as he ran away down the street.

Moore is currently in custody on a $250,000 bond, WREG reported.

Newsweek has contacted the Memphis Police Department for comment.

John Wesley Moore, 56, was arrested and charged with Second-degree murder. pic.twitter.com/PQmnCumIIk

&mdash Memphis Police Dept (@MEM_PoliceDept) May 10, 2021

Last month, police charged three people in connection with the fatal shooting of a pregnant teenager, including the man who is believed to be the baby's father.

Mother-to-be J'Lyn Quinones, 18, was shot dead as she crossed the street with a friend in Capitol Heights, Maryland, on the afternoon of April 22, according to police.

Officers saw the pair were in distress and running toward Southern Avenue and found both had been shot. They were quickly rushed for emergency medical treatment, but Quinones died of her injuries shortly after they arrived.

Her unborn baby was delivered during emergency surgery, according to a statement released Sunday by the Prince George's County Police Department (PGPD).

Officers later apprehended Malik Johnson, 21, his brother Michael Johnson, 22, and 23-year-old Bianca McDuffie, all of Washington D.C., in connection with the shooting.

Malik Johnson was charged with first and second-degree murder as well as "two counts of attempted first and second degree murder in connection with the surviving shooting victim as well as the newborn baby."

Michael Johnson and McDuffie were charged with accessory after the fact&mdashfirst-degree murder&mdashfor allegedly assisting Malik in evading arrest after the shooting. All three were found in McDuffie's home.